FUNCTIONS OF FOREST DEPARTMENT.
Core Functions of Forest Department
- Management of Forest Resources;
- Constitution of Totally Protected Areas (TPAs) and Permanent Forest Estates (PFEs) and
- Enforcement of the Ordinances.
Statutory Functions of Forest Department
- To constitute any area as Forest Reserves, Protected Forests, Communal Forests, National Parks, Nature Reserves and Wildlife Sanctuaries;
- To issue licences and permits under the Forests Ordinance (Cap.126), National Parks & Nature Reserves Ordinance 1998 and Wild Life Protection Ordinance 1998;
- To impose and collect royalties, premiums, fees and other payments due to the Government;
- To regulate production and export of logs from Sarawak;
- To enforce the provisions under the Forests Ordinance (Cap.126), the National Parks & Nature Reserve Ordinance 1998 and Wild Life Protection Ordinance 1998;